Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Bunco Dip

In keeping with the "Sweets for Your Sweet" theme, here is a recipe that is sure to be a hit.  My friend Monica introduced me to this recipe.  She calls it Bunco Dip because she always made it for Bunco parties.  It is very easy, taking only minutes to assemble.
Bunco Dip
1 8-oz pkg reduced fat cream cheese
1/2-3/4 jar caramel ice cream topping (recommend Smucker’s, it tends to be thicker)
Mini-Heath bars - chopped
Apples, sliced (recommend Granny Smith)
Graham Sticks

Place block of cream cheese on a plate. Cover with caramel ice cream topping. Sprinkle with chopped Heath bars. Serve with apple slices and graham sticks to scoop up dip.
I imagine it can be adapted, but I have a hard time moving away from caramel and Heath Bars!  I have thought about using chocolate sauce and Butterfingers or Reece's Cups instead, for chocolate and peanut butter lovers.  If you decide to try to adapt it to your favorite flavors, I'd love to hear the results.

No comments: