Monday, April 19, 2010

Enough

In Sunday School we are doing a five-week series using Adam Hamilton's Book/DVD titled "Enough:  Discovering Joy Through Simplicity and Generosity".  Over the past few years, I have been somewhat "studying" the topic and I greatly enjoyed Pastor Adam's sermon series on the topic when he first presented it.  I thought I'd share some of the books I've read, some articles suggested by one of the women in our class, and some other resources.  I welcome other suggestions as well.  Despite my reading, I am by no means an expert at this (as my house can attest), just a work-in-progress.
Books
Enough:  Discovering Joy Through Simplicity and Generosity by Adam Hamilton
Breath:  Creating Space for God in a Hectic Life by Keri Wyatt Kent
Living More with Less by Doris Janzen Longacre
Living Simply with Children by Marie Sherlock
Simple Abundance by Sarah Ban Breathnach
'Tis a Gift to be Simple by Barbara DeGrote-Sorenson and David Allen Sorenson
Voluntary Simplicity by Duane Elgin
Links
The Simple Living Network (link added to "Other Links" list)
Enough is Enough by Walter Brueggemann
The Litugy of Abundance, The Myth of Scarcity by Walter Brueggemann
From Anxiety and Greed to Milk and Honey by Walter Brueggemann
It's the Economy, Stupid by Dr. Sam Wells
Simplicity, Generosity, and Joy by Adam Hamilton (sermon series)

No comments: