Thursday, October 21, 2010

New Food Link

The Simpleliving.net discussion boards are a great place to find food blogs about cooking simply, on a budget, and/or with whole foods. One of the board members posted a link to her husband's blog. They are both graduate students, have three boys in grade school, and are living on a tight budget. He is studying how to eat a mostly local diet on a tight budget and he is blogging about the experience. His blog is The Poor Locavore and I'm adding it to the food links on the left-hand menu. Coincidentally having everything on hand, we tried his fried apples with dumplings the other night and they were a hit. The only feedback I got was to add some flavor to the dumplings, for example, some cinnamon. I imagine this would be good with peaches as well. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I do.

No comments: