Saturday, November 22, 2008

Game Food

GO BUCKEYES!!!!!
Congratulations Buckeyes on a great game and a great season!  We are proud of you all!  Good luck Seniors!  We will miss you!
Now, for the recipe I promised yesterday.  This dip is a household favorite and it is not unheard of for me to find out that this has been promised for a last minute get-together.  My mom made this one time when I was either in high school or college and had some friends over.  I have been making it since then.  It is extremely quick, easy, and versatile.  I have made it for guests, pot-lucks, movie nights, etc.  I hope that you enjoy it!
Layered Mexican Dip
1 block (8 oz) cream cheese
1 can (15 oz) refried beans
Salsa
2 cups shredded cheese blend w/taco seasonings
Tortilla chips
Preaheat oven to 350 degrees.  In an 8x8 baking dish layer the first four ingredients.  Spread the block of cream cheese evenly along the bottom of the dish.  Spread the refried beans over the cream cheese.  Pour salsa over the refried beans.  The amount is up to you, depending on how wet you want it to be.  I use about a 1/2 cup or so.  Top with shredded cheese.  Bake for 20-25 minutes.  Use the tortilla chips to scoop up the dip.
Personally, I use reduced fat cream cheese, fat free refried beans, and reduced fat shredded cheese.  It still goes over well.

No comments: