Saturday, February 2, 2013

Food and Nature



This blog has evolved over time as I have learned more about nutrition and health, and as I work to feed my family on a rather frugal budget. Since starting this blog, our family has moved to a more whole foods, plant-based diet and I want to move the blog in that direction as well.  So, from here on out, I will focus on food and activities that will help us feel good now and in the long run. 

I recently found a quote that I find quite motivating when it comes to following a healthy lifestyle - “Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels.” That being said, we have a lot of fun developing great tasting, healthy recipes in what I affectionately call our family “test kitchen”. I look forward to sharing many of them here, as well as ideas for fun activities that help keep us active.

Here are some changes that you can look forward to:
1.  More frequent posts - yes, I am going to be better about this!
2.  Weekly video selections, alternating between nature and food/nutrition
3.  Links in the left-hand margin to more information about living a healthy lifestyle
4.  A facebook page!
5.  Regular themed posts:  recipes, cooking tools, quotes, culinary tips/terms, etc.

I hope you enjoy future posts and thanks for reading!

--Kathy

No comments: